Useful Links & resources

'Practitioner psychologist' is a title that is protected by law and regulated by the 'Health and Care Professions Council' (HCPC). It is a criminal offence to falsely claim membership of the HCPC: a register is available on their website which enables members of the public to verify its registrants. The British Psychological Society (BPS) is another system that regulates psychologists. You can find out more about our professional and legal responsibilities on their respective websites.

The NHS website has a list of help-lines and support resources. Other helplines offer support. We only mean to signpost you to resources that may be useful to you and do not claim responsibility for the service or advice that you receive. Please feel free to get in touch if you would like to discuss options for seeking help or advice.

If you are a local organisation you would like us to signpost people to- please get in touch with us.



Drug and alcohol advice- 0300 123 6600

Alcoholics Anonymous

Phone: 0845 769 7555 (24-hour helpline)

Gamblers Anonymous


Narcotics Anonymous

Phone: 0300 999 1212 (daily until midnight)


Anxiety UK

Charity providing support if you've been diagnosed with an anxiety condition.
Phone: 08444 775 774 (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-5.30pm)

No Panic

Voluntary charity offering support for sufferers of panic attacks and OCD. Offers a course to help overcome your phobia/OCD. Includes a helpline.
Phone: 0844 967 4848 (daily, 10am-10pm)

OCD Action

Support for people with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Includes information on treatment and online resources.
Phone: 0845 390 6232 (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-5pm)


A charity run by people with OCD, for people with OCD. Includes facts, news and treatments.
Phone: 0845 120 3778 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)


Alzheimer's Society

Provides information on dementia, including factsheets and helplines.
Phone: 0300 222 1122 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm. Weekends, 10am-4pm)


The National Autistic Society

Horizons Specialist Day Centre

Horizons is a specialist day centre in Godalming for autistic adults. It is an ideal place to learn more about living with autism, receive support with education and training, and socialise.

Linden House

Linden House is the NAS daytime hub for high-functioning adults with a diagnosis of autism that provides educational, recreational and vocational training in a broadly college-type setting. Situated on the outskirts of Godalming town centre, close to local amenities and within walking distance of the river, Linden House is easily accessible and has a relaxing, inviting atmosphere. Its large open plan living room and kitchen provides a peaceful but interactive environment where people are free to engage in activities that are meaningful to them.

Autism Hampshire

Autism Hampshire offers direct services to over 100 adults on the autistic spectrum as well as providing Outreach support to many more.
Tel (Enquiries): 02380 633951
22 Midanbury Lane, Bitterne Park, Southampton, Hampshire SO18 4HP


Cruse Bereavement Care

Tel: 0844 477 9400

Children and young people

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) in Hampshire

The provision of Specialist Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) in Hampshire is the responsibility of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, see here for more information.

Hampshire County Council, The Castle, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8UJ

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) in Surrey

CAMHS teams assess and treat children and young people who present with mild, moderate or severe and complex concerns which are having a significant impact on a their development and are causing them and/or their carers distress.

Tel: 0300 55 55 222
18 Mole Business Park, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7AD

Young Minds

Information on child and adolescent mental health. Services for parents and professionals.
Phone: Parents' helpline 0808 802 5544 (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-4pm)


Children's charity dedicated to ending child abuse and child cruelty.
Phone: 0800 1111 for Childline for children
0808 800 5000 for adults concerned about a child


Young suicide prevention society 0800 068 4141

Crime, violence and domestic abuse

National Domestic Violence Freephone

Helpline 0808 2000 247

Rape Crisis

To find your local services phone: 0808 802 9999 (daily, 12-2.30pm, 7-9.30pm)

Victim Support

Phone: 0808 168 9111 (Mon-Fri, 8pm-8am. Weekends, Sat 5pm-Mon 8am)


Advice on dealing with domestic violence.
Phone: 0808 2000 247 (24-hour helpline)


Bipolar UK

A charity helping people living with manic depression or bipolar disorder.


CALM is the Campaign Against Living Miserably, for men aged 15-35. Website:

Depression Alliance

Charity for sufferers of depression. Has a network of self-help groups. Website:

Eating disorders


Phone: 0845 634 1414 (adults) or 0345 634 7650 (for under-25s) Website:

NHS Eating Disorder service

Specialist assessment and treatment across the whole of Surrey and parts of North East Hampshire for men and women of working age (i.e. 18 yrs and over) who have an eating disorder including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and atypical eating disorders. There is also a link to the young person's service.

Learning disabilities


Charity working with people with a learning disability, their families and carers.
Phone: 0808 808 1111 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)

Adult services - learning disabilities

Their aim is to deliver a better range of day opportunities, education, housing and supported employment.
Tel: 0845 603 5630
Hampshire County Council, The Castle, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8UJ

Surrey Parent Partnership

Provides impartial and independent information, advice and support to parents of children with special educational needs (SEN) at all stages of their child's school life, from pre-school through to school-leaving at 16 or 19 and for those with learning difficulties and/or disabilities to 25.
Tel (Helpline): 01737 737300
Third floor Consort House, 5 – 7 Queensway, Redhill, Surrey RH1 1YB


Parkside is a registered charity based in Aldershot that provides support services for children and adults with learning disabilities living in the local area, covering both Hampshire and Surrey.
Tel: 01252 313103
Parkside, Guildford Road, Aldershot, Hampshire GU12 4BP

Mental health

Surrey and Borders NHS Foundation Trust

We are one of the leading providers of specialist mental health, drug and alcohol and learning disability services for people of all ages in southern England.
Tel: 0300 55 55 222
18 Mole Business Park, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7AD


Promotes the views and needs of people with mental health problems.
Tel: 0300 123 3393 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm)
MIND Helpline: 0300 123 3393

Men's Health Forum

24/7 stress support for men by text, chat and email. Web:

Mental Health Foundation

Provides information and support for anyone with mental health problems or learning disabilities. Website:

Rethink Mental Illness

Support and advice for people living with mental illness.
Tel: 0300 5000 927 (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-4pm)


Confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair.
Tel: 116 123 (free 24-hour helpline)


Charity offering support and carrying out research into mental illness.
Tel: 0845 767 8000 (daily, 6-11pm)
SANEmail email:


Family Lives

Advice on all aspects of parenting including dealing with bullying.
Tel: 0808 800 2222 (Mon-Fri, 9am-9pm. Sat-Sun, 10am-3pm)

Relationship difficulties


Tel: 0300 100 1234 (for information on their services)